Friday 21 November 2014

Nancy Wu and boyfriend’s split not due to third party


TVB actress Nancy Wu announced at an event for drama Overachievers last Saturday (Nov 15) that she had broken up with her beau, businessman Patt Shum.

The couple have been dating for more than two years and had reportedly split because he was two-timing her.

However, Nancy cleared the air and defended her ex-boyfriend at a Christmas event held on Sunday, “There have been reports saying I was angry that he cheated on me but nothing like that happened. He is not from the media industry and I don’t want everyone to think he treated me badly.”

The 33-year-old then requested that the media help clarify the matter and added, “He treats me very well and never did anything to let me down. Please don’t trust those [false] reports.”

Putting on a smile to hide her pain, Nancy said she will “focus on work first and it will depend on fate” if the two, who are still friends, could reconcile in future.

Prior to Patt, she dated actor Kenneth Ma for a year in 2010 but they went their separate ways due to differences in personality. When asked about what qualities she looks for in her future partner, Nancy expressed, “Many factors are involved when two people are in love, such as timing and fate. Of course, I hope we can be together till the end but for now, I just leave it to fate.”