Tuesday 18 August 2015

2NE1′s CL Makes Rolling Stone′s ′10 New Artists You Need to Know′ List


2NE1′s CL has yet to make her highly-anticipated debut in the U.S., but the world is taking notice.

Rolling Stone magazine recently released its ′10 New Artists You Need to Know′ list for the month of August, featuring CL among a slew of fast rising stars.On CL′s claim to the list, Rolling Stone writes, "The self-proclaimed ′Baddest Female′ is one of the buzziest female rappers in Korea, and she′s poised for a major breakthrough in the U.S. come fall with a debut EP out on Mad Decent."

The 2NE1 leader is also quoted as saying "I would love to represent Asian girls and be an example or an idol for girls [in the U.S.] That is my dream, but I don′t want that to be my main goal. I just want to do something I love, and music comes first for me."

CL′s music video for Doctor Pepper was released on August 14, and she′s currently touring with Diplo on his Mad Decent Block Party tour, where she′s set to make in stop in Toronto on August 29 before traveling to Berkeley on September 11 and Los Angeles on September 19.