Tuesday 3 November 2015

Ellie Goulding: Boxing is 'animalistic'

Ellie Goulding likes the "animalistic" nature of boxing.

The 'On My Mind' hitmaker is a big fan of the sport and claims it has helped her feel like she "could go on forever" when she's on stage.

She told the November issue of Marie Claire magazine: "Because I'm left-handed, I have a pretty good left jab, but then I did this uppercut the other day that was just insane.

"Boxing is very animalistic, and there's a lot of adrenaline in it. It has helped my stamina. When I'm onstage, I feel like I could go on forever.

"I've been told I should spar and train for real because I seem to have a bit of a talent for it - but I'd rather go on tour with my face intact."

But the 28-year-old beauty hasn't always been super healthy as she recently admitted she used to only eat chocolate.

She shared: "I remember being so badly addicted to sugar that I could eat two big Galaxy bars in one day and nothing else. I was terrified of eating potatoes or rice or any kind of carbohydrates but I would still have loads of chocolate every day. It made no sense.

"My friends were so worried about me because I would come to their houses with bars of chocolate and when they'd ask what I'd eaten that day I would tell them, 'Chocolate for breakfast, chocolate for lunch and then an apple and a salad.'"