Tuesday 21 April 2015

Zooey Deschanel doesn't care what people think


Zooey Deschanel isn't worried about what people think of her.
The 'New Girl' star insists she isn't bothered how she is perceived as she feels people are making comments about her character in the FOX show, Jess Day.
She said: "I don't really care what people think of me. I know that sounds crazy because you're supposed to care about what people think of you, I guess, as an actor, but I really don't ...
"I don't always identify, perhaps, with the way that I'm portrayed in certain public contexts. I try to stay away from that sort of thing."
The 35-year-old actress - who is expecting her first child with fiancé Jacob Pechenik - also believes it is important to choose who you want to be rather than have multiple sides of you in the hope of pleasing as many as people as possible.
She added to The Huffington Post newspaper: "It's dangerous to start worrying or pandering too much in either direction. Some people get so caught up in one version of themselves and then, that blatant rejection of what people think of them - like the band who doesn't want to play their No. 1 hit or something - isn't healthy.
"It's also not healthy to over-identify with it either. I'm just kind of neutral - I'm an entertainer, and I do different types of things to entertain people, but ultimately when I make a choice, I'm making that choice to challenge myself and do something that seems like it would be interesting. That's my philosophy."