Tuesday 21 March 2017

Mickey Huang joins the 118 family…for a day


The 118 family hosted a very special guest in their kopitiam yesterday – Taiwanese veteran host, Mickey Huang, popped by for a cameo.

He specially made arrangements for his flight to Beijing to depart in the afternoon, giving him ample time to wrap up filming before heading for his next job.

In case you’re wondering, he arrived in Singapore on Saturday (March 18) to host the SPD Charity Show 2017 on Sunday night alongside Lee Teng and Quan Yi Fong.

Speaking to Toggle in one of the VIP suites next to the studios prior to filming, Mickey was all smiles during our 30-minute chat, first telling us about his role in the long-form drama (he will be playing none other than himself), chuckling about how he was “glad to know that the production crew looked after me well by not giving me too many lines.”

“When I first received the offer, I didn’t know what my role would be yet but I was relieved to find out that I would be playing myself,” the 44-year-old quipped. I received the script about 10 days ago and looked through it – the number of lines that they gave me were just enough for me – so I’m really glad!”