Tuesday 26 May 2015

Song Joong Ki officially discharged from military

After serving 21 months of mandatory military service, Korean actor Song Joong Ki has returned to civilian life today (May 26).

Well-loved for his roles in Sungkyunkwan Scandal and Nice Guy, Joong Ki enlisted into the military in August 2013.

The 29-year-old was received by a large group of fans and media at the discharge ceremony this morning. Admitting that he feels awkward facing the cameras after a long while, Joong Ki said that he wishes to get home quickly to greet his parents as they had been worried about him during his time in the military.

When asked on the girl group that gave him strength during his service, the actor replied with a laugh: “My seniors warned me that this question would definitely be asked. I thought about it a lot but I honestly don’t know many girl groups. Personally, my best friend Lee Kwang Soo was the one who gave me the most strength.”

“I saw him so often on Running Man that he naturally became my greatest strength. Kwang Soo came to visit me once despite having a busy schedule,” he added.

According to earlier reports, Joong Ki has been confirmed to star in KBS’ upcoming drama Descendants of the Sun. Other cast members include Song Hye Kyo, Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won.