Monday 25 August 2014

The Taiwanese actor’s parts in the movie may be replaced by a 20-year-old actor due to his drug scandal

There have been talks about removing Taiwanese actor Kai Ko from Chinese movie Tiny Times 4 after his arrest for drug use. Things have been made worse when writer-director Guo Jingming was said to have secretly met 20-year-old Chinese actor Bai Jing Ting, a possible substitute for Kai’s character.

Jing Ting first starred in Chinese television series That Year, Time Flew and is as tall as Kai.

Currently serving his 14-day detention in China, 23-year-old Kai may now lose his role as “Gu Yuan” in the movie; he also faces pull-outs from endorsements and a possible a two-year ban from China,
 Jingming, who has not responded to this matter since Kai’s arrest, left a message on Weibo yesterday: “When Tiny Times 3 was released in cinemas, my mother and people from my hometown will bring their family members to watch it. I will call my mum and ask if they understood and liked the movie. Mum said, ‘They liked it.’ And I asked if she did too. She said, ‘As long as it’s your film, I will like it and it will be the best.’”

Thereafter, fans commented: “As long as it’s your film, I will like it!” but most who left comments had harsh remarks for Kai.