Friday 19 September 2014

Michael Tse is going to be a dad

Hong Kong actor Michael Tse and his wife Tina will finally welcome a new member to their family next year, after eight years of marriage.

When probed about the good news yesterday, Michael admitted that his wife is in the first trimester of pregnancy, but hopes to remain low-key about it due to Chinese taboos.

“I am a traditional person, so I will not make an official announcement until her condition stabilises,” he added.

According to earlier reports, Tina suffers from fallopian tube obstruction which is a major cause of female infertility. She is also said to have undergone two unsuccessful In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) procedures previously.

“We let nature take its course. Maybe God thinks that this is the right time to gift me with a child,” said Michael, who has no preferences for the baby’s gender, as long as the child is healthy and well.
In addition, the 47-year-old actor, best known for his role “Laughing Gor” in TVB drama E.U., shared that though Tina currently experiences morning sickness, the symptoms are not too serious. Michael has also been helping out with household chores as he will not let his expectant wife do anything tedious.

“I’d ask my relatives to look after Tina [while I’m away]. I have no choice because I need to earn money to buy milk powder!” exclaimed the veteran artiste, who will be flying to China to film a new movie next month.