Thursday 6 October 2016

10 Taiwan Films Participate in BIFF

Before leaving for the Busan International Film Festival scheduled on October 6, representatives of the participating films met the media at the press conference today. The film "White Ant" starred by Kangren Wu and documentary film "Absent without Leave" directed by Kek-huat Lau would compete for the best film award in this festival.

When Kai Ko showed up for his movie "The Road to Mandalay", the media’s focus was on his reaction to being nominated for the Golden Horse Award. He revealed, "I was supposed to watch the announcement together with my father, but I was too nervous and stayed in my room.I almost cried when I learned that I’m nominated. Then my father opened a bottle of champagne, while I lay in bed with my heartbeat going wild."

He said teasingly that people who congratulated him were less than those who did when he had been nominated for "You’re the Apple of My Eye" 5 years ago. He admitted that he used to act on his instinct but now he found that he needed to do a lot of homework and training for "The Road to Mandalay".

Although it was horrible like hell, he improved a lot and understood the key of acting in a new way.