Monday 3 October 2016

Kim So Hyun: I’d love to act with Yeo Jin Goo again

Former child star Kim So Hyun is all grown up – well, sort of, anyway, with the 17-year-old moving on from playing younger versions of drama characters and picking up leading roles instead. Most recently, she played Kim Hyun Ji, a ghost (spoiler alert: she’s actually not dead, but was in a coma instead) that she laughed is “very different from the way ghosts have been portrayed in Korea – she’s cute and bubbly and because of this, it role that I really enjoyed playing.”

Speaking to the media a day ahead of her first official meet and greet session in Singapore, So Hyun was the picture of confidence during both her press conference and interviews at the Carlton Singapore and shared more about her transition from child star to lead actress.

“There are some people who feel that I look older than my age, but I don’t see that as a bad thing,” she mused. “There are roles that I’m able to express well because of my looks.” Later on, she shared that her early start into the working world (she started her career at the age of 7) “didn’t cause me to mature any faster than the friends my age; I think it was in my personality from the beginning that I grew up faster than everyone else.”


So Hyun made a splash after appearing in 2012’s Moon Embracing the Sun as the younger version of Yoon Bo Kyung (as played by Kim Min Seo), the second female lead. Her fellow child stars Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Yoo Jung, who played the younger versions of the leads Kim Soo Hyun and Han Ga In respectively, have also gone on to forge their careers, earning praise for their ever-improving acting chops.