Monday 23 January 2017

Gordon Lam encouraged by Best Actor award

Johnny To, Gordon Lam and Richie Jen showed up together at a party to celebrate the success of their new movie "Trivisa", which was just announced as the winner of the Best Film Award by the Hong Kong Film Critics Society.

Gordon was also informed that he had won the Best Leading Actor award, which was a great encouragement to him in the third decade of his career. Talking about Andy Lau’s accident, Gordon said he had texted Andy and would not disturb him any further at the moment.

Richie still felt his injuries from an earlier accident at a motorcycle rally, but he was more concerned about Andy’s injury. He wished Andy a speedy recovery and hoped the public would give Andy some time and space to rest well. When asked if his family still allowed him to race again, Richie said smilingly, "I know my own condition and I already told them it was my last race because I am getting old. I might switch to a car race or truck race, and I’m preparing to qualify for a licence because the bigger cars are safer."