Thursday 19 January 2017

Jay Chou’s birthday wish: To buy more powdered milk

For the last concert of Jay Chou’s tour "The Invincible", he invited Alan Tam, the original singer of "Love of My Life", a song Jay had performed at all of his nine concerts, to sing the track together. Alan said he came to help Eric Tsang "save face" because Eric felt ashamed of his performance last night. Jay hoped to come to Hong Kong again and have one more concert than the previous year.

As it would be Jay's birthday one hour after the interview, he admitted that he felt relaxed, saying, "I always sing ‘happy birthday’ to others, and it’s the first time that I've heard them sing it to me. I’m very touched." When asked about his birthday wishes, he said, "When I was young, I wanted to buy a sports car, but now as a father, I just want to buy more powdered milk."

When asked about his plans for celebrating his anniversary and birthday, Jay said, "We’ll celebrate them together. We might go to England where I’ll have a concert in March."