Wednesday 11 February 2015

YES 93.3FM DJ Lin Pei Fen announces pregnancy


It seems like more babies will grace Caldecott Hill this year. Power couple Joanne Peh and Qi Yu Wu announced their good news late last month and YES 93.3FM DJ Lin Pei Fen announced her pregnancy in a 933TV video yesterday (Feb 10).
In an emotional interview, she revealed that she is currently close to four months pregnant. While shedding tears, she explained, “The first time we went, we could only see a small dot so it didn’t feel very different. I saw this new life kicking for the first time when we went to the doctor’s the other day and I also saw (my child’s) heart beating so I felt very blessed.”
“When my husband and I got married (last year), we already planned for children and I’ve seen friends or friends of friends having a hard time having children. It’s not easy getting pregnant especially when you get older or when you experience more work stress, so I’m so grateful and I feel really lucky,” she confessed.
The 32-year-old has also started writing a journal to pen down her feelings during the pregnancy. In her first entry, she hopes that the first song her child learns is ‘What a Wonderful World’ “because I hope that (my baby) will always believe, know and remember that this world is filled with love and a place that has love is definitely wonderful.”
She added that she hopes to be a good mother and has thought pretty far into the future – she quipped that she doesn’t mind which path her child takes in the future, as long as it’s not the path to becoming a DJ.
Ending off her interview with a short performance on her ukulele, she sang and strummed Jason Mraz’s ‘I’m Yours’ before affirming she will work hard to improve on her skills before her child is born and surround her baby’s life with music and song.