Tuesday 29 November 2016

Vanness Wu once wanted six children

Vanness Wu makes a widely-anticipated return to the music scene after a three-year hiatus with his new song, ‘Boogie’. At his Nov 27 presser, his fellow F4 buddies showed their loyalty by sending in video messages of support and congratulations.

Vic Zhou’s daughter was also part of the video and made a declaration wishing that “Uncle Vanness’ album will sell like hotcakes!” Visibly enchanted by the little girl, Vanness later admitted that he once dreamed of having six children of his own too, but that he has now decided to let nature take its course.

Explaining why he took so long to release new material, Vanness mused, “There were some things that I was continuously discussing with (Universal Music). The direction of my lyrics has also changed a lot and I recorded my song multiple times in order to show everyone the most earnest side of me.”

Teasing that his upcoming album, which will be released next month, is worth the wait, the 38-year-old declared, “You’ll definitely go ‘Oh my god!’ after you hear it. I’m also trying out choreography that I’ve never done before.”

When asked about his wife, Arissa Cheo, he gushed, “She’s really busy with her label now and she’s so amazing and capable. The clothes she creates are very trendy and can give younger females a different kind of vibe.”

Confirming that she has listened to his new songs, he shared that she did not have much input on them. “I only listen to myself when I create music – it’s just like how I don’t say too much when she’s designing clothes.”