Wednesday 22 June 2016

Jaycee Chan set to make showbiz comeback via variety show


Hong Kong singer-actor Jaycee Chan is ready to make a showbiz comeback by guesting on a variety show set to air today.

The 33-year-old was first nabbed in China together with Taiwanese actor Kai Ko for marijuana-related offences back in 2014, and sentenced to jail. After they were charged in court, the duo were reportedly banned from Chinese broadcasts by the authorities.

Close to two years after their charge, Kai is currently filming for a new Chinese drama serial, after finally getting approval from the authorities.

Additionally, Jaycee is preparing for his new film and album as well, and is said to be making an appearance in the upcoming film, Railroad Tigers, which stars Jackie Chan. Now, Jaycee’s variety show appearance seems to be the final confirmation that the 33-year-old is gearing up for his big return.

The variety show’s speciality lies in a segment where celebrity guests have to run alongside the host, who will then grill them on their personal lives. When asked if he was a “Casanova”, Jaycee smiled and said, “When I flirt, I do it openly, and don’t attempt to hide anything. I had my first relationship at the age of 18. [However], when I told her that I loved her, she slapped me…”

The singer-actor also openly discussed the lull period he had experienced after his release from jail, revealing that he had spent “a lot of time with my mother, as I was afraid that she’d be worried for me, worried that I wouldn’t be used [to life after getting released].”