Tuesday 17 May 2016

Chow Yun Fat, Cold War 2 Cast Take 1,576 Selfies In 3 Minutes


Chow Yun Fat and his Cold War 2 co-stars, Tony Leung and Aaron Kwok, as well as director Longmond Leung gathered with fans at a promotional event for the movie yesterday.

At the event, the cast attempted to break the Guinness World Record for the most number of selfies taken in three minutes, which was previously set by American movie star, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson.

Hailed as the ‘King of Selfies’, Yun Fat was responsible for holding the camera and even asked for the lighting and backdrop to be changed so that the selfies would turn out better. Tony and Aaron also expressed their admiration for Yun Fat, commenting that their hands ached just looking at him take so many selfies.


Throughout the whole record-breaking attempt, Yun Fat made no complaints, and even said, “[My] hands are not sore, usually, when people ask me for a photo together, I’ll say that it’s not a bother for me.

After the event, it was calculated that the cast had successfully take 1576 selfies with 131 people, which is believed to be a new achievement, breaking the previous record set by 105 people.


Additionally, Aaron expressed his joy at being able to work with director Longmond and Yun Fat again after the first Cold War movie. “I was so happy that I couldn’t sleep [when I knew I was] working with Yun Fat. I hope there will be more sequels to come, for everyone to enjoy,” he said.

Tony also admitted during the event that he was extremely nervous to be working with Yun Fat. “Usually, I don’t work very hard for my projects, but this time, I memorised the script before we started filming, as I didn’t want to be rude to Yun Fat.”

Yun Fat then revealed that he had actually “looked for chances to learn from these two.” He also divulged that he was more nervous than Aaron and Tony as he had to play a “committee chairman questioning the two of them, and could not mess up his lines.”