Tuesday 24 May 2016

Liam Hemsworth: Working with Jeff Goldblum was 'inspirational'


Liam Hemsworth found it "really inspirational" acting alongside Jeff Goldblum in 'Independence Day: Resurgence'.

The 26-year-old actor - who is taking on the role of Jake Morrison in the sequel to 1996's 'Independence Day' - was thrilled to get a chance to work with the "iconic actor".

He said: "He's such an iconic actor! I've never worked with anyone so specific about every little thing in a scene, in the best way possible.

"You can tell how much care and attention he puts into his work. Watching him on set and seeing how he works was really inspirational."

And whilst Liam is a big fan of Jeff's work, he had to secretly watch the original film - which starred Will Smith in the lead role - as his parents thought he was too young to see it.

He added to Us Weekly magazine: "I didn't see it in the cinema as I was only 6 years old and my mum and dad thought I was too young. When I about 7, one of my brothers bought a VHS copy and I remember secretly watching the movie."

Meanwhile, Liam previously revealed he would love to make a movie with his older brothers, Chris and Luke.

He said: "We have talked about it for a long time. I don't know what the movie will be, but possibly we will only get one chance to do it. We are waiting for the perfect thing.

"I got into acting because of Luke and our other brother, Chris, and that was why I first started doing what I am doing.

"(We share) a really close bond. I think that our whole family ... that we have such great parents who brought us up with such good values. I have always looked up to my older brothers. Yeah, we are really close friends."