Tuesday 8 September 2015

Seth Rollins' girlfriend: 'I'm not an anti-Semite'

Seth Rollins' girlfriend has insisted she isn't anti-Semitic after being fired by WWE.

Zahra Schreiber, who was signed to a developmental contract with WWE, was unceremoniously let go by the grappling company for "inappropriate and offensive remarks" after fans discovered Nazi artwork - dating back to 2012 - on her Instagram account.

In a lengthy statement, Zahra responded: "Last week WWE made a decision to release me from my contract due to posts I made on social media years ago, long before I was ever employed by them.

"I understand why that decision was made, but it broke my heart and my spirit. I don't want my mistakes to reflect on WWE or how incredible they are as a company. The responsibility is my own."

The rookie WWE Diva went on to say she is "in no way, shape or form an anti-Semite".

Zahra added: "To me the photos [found on her Instagram] and relics were nothing more than a story. I now see it was insensitive of me and in poor taste, which is why I had attempted to delete them long ago."

WWE made the decision to fire Zahra last week after her controversial posts were brought to light.

They said: "WWE released Zahra Schreiber due to inappropriate and offensive remarks she made that were recently brought to our attention."

It is not the first scandal the pair have been embroiled in this year after nude photographs of the WWE diva were posted on Seth's social media accounts in February.

Seth's former fiancee Leighla Schultz - who was with the star at the time - took to Twitter to question the pictures before nude images of the wrestler were posted to her social media account.

The pictures were later deleted but when a fan insisted Leighla couldn't have sent those tweets because she's never on the microblogging site, she replied: "I definitely did Hahahaha (sic)"