Thursday 21 April 2016

Jay Chou stays up gaming till daybreak

Taiwanese singer Jay Chou, 37, announced on Tuesday that he has established a competitive e-sports team called J Gaming, though he said gaming was just a hobby of his and he had no intention of competing in tournaments himself.

While making an appearance at a gaming event two days ago, the new father said to relax after recording sessions he often plays video games from 2 a.m. until dawn, which helps when his 9-month-old daughter, Hathaway, wakes up hungry.

“I can prepare her formula really quickly,” he said. “I measure out the amount of formula beforehand and it’s convenient that way. If I were asleep, I’d have to get out of bed.”

The singer is a huge fan of online battle arena game League of Legends, and he’s become their spokesman and even written its theme song.

But when asked whether his late-night gaming habit meant he slept apart from his wife, model and actress Hannah Quinlivan, Jay said, “Of course not! I play my video games at the table in our room.”

The couple married in early 2015 and Hathaway was born last July.