Monday 22 August 2016

Jodie Foster's directing advice for Kristen Stewart

Kristen Stewart was given directing advice by Jodie Foster.

The 'Twilight' star is set to step behind the camera for the first time to direct a short film about the power of women and has revealed the 'Money Monster' filmmaker helped ease her nerves.

She told HELLO! magazine: "I've never thought there was a huge divide between acting and directing. Jodie Foster said something very helpful when I told her I was going to make this movie - she said, 'The first thing you're going to learn is that you don't have much to learn - you're totally ready already.' That was an incredible thing to hear coming out of that particular mouth."

Meanwhile, the 26-year-old actress previously admitted she is taking a break from acting after doing "five movies over a two-year period".

She said: "I just did like five movies over a two-year period, and I think it's a very good decision for me right now to stop acting in movies for just a moment, and I've never really done that, I've never changed my appearance.

"I've always really stayed neutral since I was like 10 years old, so I was like, 'I'm gonna direct a short, and I'm gonna f**k up my hair.'"

And Kristen also recently revealed she feels "most alive" as an actress when she is taking lots of risks.

She explained: "When you feel like you're gonna die is when you feel the most alive. I feel as though I might actually spontaneously combust sometimes and just not be able to go on.

"I trust myself a little bit more. When I was a little bit younger, I used anxiety and nerves, which I still have a lot of. It's just that I'm better at channeling. them. I get better every time I do a job.

"I'm genuinely just drawn to material that's moving. Recently I've been into slightly more diagonal sort of, a little less straight down the line, in terms of story, and those are always a little bit less commercial."