Tuesday 6 September 2016

Rainie Yang stuns with her new hairstyle

Taiwanese singer-actress Rainie Yang has always been known for her short hairdos and black hair, causing her fans to nickname her “Brother Cheng” for her boyish hairstyles.

However, the 32-year-old decided to shake things up for her latest album, with a full head of purple hair instead.

“I haven’t taken on the persona of ‘Sister Lin’ to release a new album in a long while,” Rainie laughed, when asked about her new look. “Although I wasn’t really used to it at first, I quite like [my new look] now.”

The singer-actress also shared that she decided to have long hair again after seeing fans commenting that they “missed [seeing her] with long hair”. Additionally, her new album centres on the theme of time as well. Thus, she decided to use her new hair as a way to signify change and growth, to record down the years of change and maturity.


In order to keep her new hairdo a secret, Rainie also donned a cap at all times, despite the sweltering weather. “It felt really hot! Some of the caps were so big, I couldn’t even see the road in front of me,” Rainie lamented.

She also shared that she had to stay in the salon for 10 hours in order to dye her hair, and even bleached it three times. “My scalp tingled like crazy, and my butt was so numb [from sitting in the salon chair]. It was really tough.”