Tuesday 19 July 2016

Ella Chen sheds tears at Hebe Tien’s first stage play


S.H.E’s Hebe Tien has been a busy woman – her latest album, Day by Day, was recently released and the singer-actress is also starring in her first stage play Serenade.

Ahead of the show’s run, she spoke to the media and confessed that she was incredibly nervous for her stage debut. However, according to her fellow members Selina Tien and Ella Chen, she’s done exceedingly well, so much so that Ella shed tears while watching the show.

On July 16, which was the second day of the play’s run, Hebe attended an autograph session ahead of the evening show, during which she declared to the fans, “I’m not giving everyone the cold shoulder; I’m just conserving my voice to give you a good performance tonight!” and asked for their understanding that she was not her usual bubbly and chatty self.

That same night, Selina and Ella attended the performance and were initially hesitant to greet Hebe before the show, worrying that they would distract her. Hebe, however, welcomed them with open arms and had a quick catch-up backstage before the show. Hebe is reported to have been able to go on stage feeling more relaxed after speaking to them.

After the show, Selina mused, “This is the first time I’ve watched an eye-opening play; the attention to details is definitely worth a second look. I’m so proud (of Hebe) and this is has really made me think. I told Hebe yesterday that this fan of hers would love for her to add many more shows to her schedule.”

Ella, who shed tears during the performance, shared, “I remember crying when she sang ‘Missing You’ on Legend, but her performance once again brought me to tears because both her voice and the show itself had a healing element to it.”

Even after her first performances, Hebe has admitted to feeling jittery. “My voice doesn’t have a chance to rest so I’m feeling really tired out. All the nervousness in my life has been used up while working on Serenade.” She continued that she will do her best in maintaining her condition to give her best performances for the remaining shows.