Friday 29 July 2016

Tiffany: I feel weird eating chili crab without SNSD


Tiffany Hwang, a Korean-American member of K-Pop girl group SNSD (Girls’ Generation), was in town recently to view jewellery brand PANDORA's latest collection.

In a doorstop interview conducted at the event, Tiffany was all smiles and answered questions in fluent English.

SNSD will be celebrating their ninth anniversary next week, and Tiffany's close relationship with the rest of the members was clearly on show yesterday.

With a special anniversary song for their fans set to be released next week, the 26-year-old remained tight-lipped when asked about the song.

“I’d want you guys to listen to the whole thing, it’s our gift for you guys. It’s really an amazing song," she answered, but not before revealing that fellow member Sooyoung had written the lyrics with SONEs (the group's official fan name) in mind.

Tiffany herself is no stranger to the art of song-writing, having written the lyrics for a song in her solo album, I Just Wanna Dance, which was released in May this year. However, she remained modest about the progress in her solo career so far, despite having held a series of mini-concerts last month.

“I don’t feel like I’ve succeeded, I feel like I’ve just started my first step into this journey,” she mused.


Although her visit this time round was admittedly short, the singer still found time to indulge in our local delicacies.

An avid Snapchat user, Tiffany constantly shared little snippets of her trip to Singapore on the app, from her magazine shoots to having a dip in the pool and over-indulging in chili crab.

“I was eating chilli crab without my members last night, and I feel so weird eating it without them. Hopefully we’ll get to come back here for a concert." she divulged.

When asked if she missed her members, Tiffany immediately answered , "Yes! We were just texting, and I was cracking up in the car.”

Finally, when quizzed about the lyrics of her latest song, ‘Heartbreak Hotel’, a song about the end of a relationship, Tiffany revealed, “I think everybody has a bad boy fantasy, so I hope everybody enjoys ‘Heartbreak Hotel’.